1 cup pitted dates
2 C raisins & 2 C currants
2 Cups Pecans
2 Cups Filberts (hazel nuts)
2 T. lemon juice
1 tsp. lemon rind
1. Bottom layer: in food processor (with
"S" blade): Blend into a fine meal hazel nuts and raisins, and press mixture
into round shape about 1/2" thick and 8" in diameter
2. Lemon Date frosting: in blender: blend
until smooth dates and lemon juice using water if needed to thin, stirring lemon rind into
sauce at the end.
3. Frost top side of first layer of the torte
with 1/2 sauce, save the rest for frosting the top
4. Top layer: in food processor: blend into a
fine meal pecans and currants, place on wax paper, make into another layer to fit on top
of the first, and carefully place on top of the frosted layer.
5. Frost the entire outside, and decorate with
lemon wedges around the rim, serve or chill and serve.
15 minutes to prepare; 12-14 servings