||Almond Pâté (Raw)
by Kate L. Pugh
This is a slight adaptation of a recipe by Katherine Dichter, orignally entitled Mock
Salmon Pâté. It seems to have been published originally by the Living Nutrition Magazine
- I don't know anything else about this publication as the Web address I was referred to
does not work!
40 unblanched whole almonds
1/2 stick celery
2 spring onions (green onions, scallions)
1 small carrot (about 50g, 2oz)
large squeeze lemon juice
2-3 tsp nori flakes (optional, or use other seaweed)
1. Soak the almonds at least overnight, or for up to 36 hours, changing the water every 12
2. Drain the almonds, and peel them if you can be bothered (I think it enhances the
3. Chop the celery and spring onions; peel and chop the carrot. Put these and the almonds
into a blender, and process until smooth. My hand blender is capable of
doing this, but it takes a while and some rearranging.
4. Add lemon juice to taste, and mix in the seaweed flakes. You could add salt if you
want, but I don't think it needs it.
5. Serving suggestion: Mound the pâté on the middle of a plate. Fill half the plate with
mixed leaf salad, and arrange chopped vegetables around: sticks of celery,
rounds of peeled sliced broccoli stem, sliced baby sweetcorn, sliced (sweet) red (bell)
pepper. Also used in my Sprouted Quinoa Plate with Salsa and Vegetables
of: Kate's Cookery Site - Raw Food